Monday, November 4, 2013

The Waterfront, Portland


It was a beautiful evening. There were no dazzling sunsets or breath-taking vistas or anything like that, but the scene was perfect in its simplicity. Was a challenging mood to capture considering all the figures have their back to the viewer and they seem to be staring at nothing particularly interesting :) lol..

On the technical side, I am back to blogging after a long break, (yey, at last I am back!) and struggling with my camera settings and such .. the colors in the photo are different from the original painting, so I need to figure out something soon.

By the way, only after I finished the whole painting, I noticed how the figures along the railing are symmetrically placed around the center of the painting. It bothers me (and I am a little annoyed  that I missed it), but not quite sure how to fix it. Critique/comments always welcome, would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment