Thursday, November 3, 2011

Visiting The Mezquita, Cordoba



 I have been trying to not focus so much on the individual builings, but the bigger shapes instead, and to recreate the mood. It's hard though, and this one is tougher because the value contrast was so little. It was a very grey day. I painted the lower one last month, but it came out very muddy. So I painted another one again yesterday. Still something missing ? :)

Critique & comments welcome.

Btw, the mezquita is exquisite. A couple of lines from the famous 'Mosque of Cordoba' by Allama Iqbal. Enjoy :)!!
..
Rang ho ya khisht-o-sang, chang ho ya harf-o-saut
mo'eijiza-e-fun ki hai khoon-e-jigar se namood 
..
Just the media these pigments, bricks and stones; This harp, these words and sounds, just the media.
The miracle of art springs from the lifeblood of the artist!

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully painted. I love how you painted the buildings...Gosh, I would love to be there right now sitting in that balcony!! Awesome subtle colors, Anu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments and visiting my blog Hilda :)!!

    ReplyDelete